It is a requirement of the Child Protection Policy of the Archdiocese of Washington that “all volunteers who have substantial contact with children” (including, but not limited to, chaperoning field trips, working in classrooms or Media Center, monitoring the playground, etc.) complete the steps below in order to be in full compliance with the policy. Please call the school office at 410-286-0404 x-36 if you have any questions.
- Register online at http://www.virtusonline.org/. For organization, select Washington DC (Archdiocese). Designate yourself as a volunteer at CHA. Select a Virtus training session to attend. The Volunteer Application Form is also available online at: http://www.adw.org/, under “Child Protection.”
- Complete the Volunteer Application Form and return it to the office.
- Call to schedule an appointment for a background check. Steps above must be completed before scheduling appointment.
- Bring the following documents to background check:
- Check or money order for $13.50 payable to Cardinal Hickey Academy
- Two forms of Valid Identification (State issued); one MUST be a photo ID
- NOTE: ADW Employees having substantial contact with children MUST also be fingerprinted. School will provide fingerprint service location information. Fee is $34.50
- Read the Child Protection Policy Booklet which can be obtained from the school. Sign the last page in the booklet and return it to the office.