Thank you for reviewing our program options. We are confident that as you compare our offerings you will see the value of placing your child in an environment designed and tailored to his / her needs, providing opportunities for development and academic preparation. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at any time.
Cardinal Hickey Academy and the Archdiocese of Washington strive to ensure all parents are able to give their children the gift and enduring benefits of Catholic education such as:
- Academic Success – 99% of Catholic School graduates are accepted to colleges and universities
- Religious Formation -students who attend Catholic school are more likely to retain their faith in adulthood
- Community and Service– The CHA Family is a cohesive group that works together, striving for the educational and moral development of our children and to serve our parish and neighbouring communities
Many families are recipients of tuition assistance. We are proud to announce that tuition assistance is available in several ways:
- Cardinal Hickey Academy (CHA) offers Multi-Student Grants automatically to families with more than one student enrolled at CHA and also a lowered rate for Catholic Families. Please see the chart on “Tuition and Fees”.
- Aid from the Archdiocesan Tuition Assistance program and the Regional Parish Tuition Assistance program are available for families who have a demonstrated need.
- The State of Maryland BOOST Program is available for families entering Catholic Education with financial need. Find out if you qualify for the 2018-2019 school year.
As there is not a set amount routinely available in these programs, please feel free to inquire about your options as soon as possible. Remember to click on the ‘Apply for Financial Aid’ tab when applying online at TADS.
Tuition Assistance Checklist
- Most recent tax return; if current year tax returns are not filed, send the prior year with all the supporting documentation
- Copies of all w-2 Wage and Tax Statement Forms, all 1099 Interest/Dividends, Pensions/ Annuities and or Miscellaneous Income Forms associated with return
- Documentation of total amounts received for all NON-taxable Income (welfare, food stamps, Social Security, Housing assistance, unemployment, Workers’ Compensation etc.)
- The value and amount still owed on your home
- The value and amount still owed on any investments, including real estate
2018-2019 Tuition & Fees
$250 – First Student
$100 Each Additional Student
(Family Maximum of $550)
Fees are non-refundable
Montessori Preschool HALF Day
5 days per week – 8:00am – 11:30pm
Catholic Yearly Rate – $5,900
Other Faiths Yearly Rate – $7,700
Montessori Preschool FULL Day & Kindergarten thru 8th Grades *
5 Days / week 8:00am – 3:00pm
Children Attending CHA Catholic Yearly Rate Other Faiths Yearly Rate
One Child $8,830 $11,655
Two Children $17,218 $22,727
Three Children $25,165 $33,216
Four or More Children $32,670 $43,123
*Tuition assistance is available
Morning Rates Afternoon Rates
(7:00am- 7:45am) (3:00pm – 6:00pm)
Per Month Per Month
5 days / week $207 $256
4 days / week $164 $203
3 days / week $131 $154
2 days / week $99 $104
1 days / week $51 $58
There is a one-time $25 Registration Fee
Educare application forms are available in the office
After-school Program is available to all students, including Preschool.